Student Member Benefits
Benfits for Pre-doctoral & Pre-dental Members
You do not have to be a dentist yet to get involved in organized dentistry. The benefits listed below are for members of the American Student Dental Association: an organization that is made just for students!
Explore Resources for Students
Join the ASDA for $91/year (beginning in 2022) to gain the following benefits:
- Resources to help you transition after graduation to start your career
- Education on debt management, licensure and midlevel providers
- Development of leadership and interpersonal skills which you’ll need when you begin practicing
- Interactive experiences with seasoned dental professionals and dental students at chapter, district and national ASDA events
- Access to legislators to influence and educate them about dental care, delivery modes, licensure and reimbursement policies
- Free life and disability insurance, one-year subscription to online CE and discounts on other products and services
- Free subscription to ASDA’s award-winning publications
- Student membership in the ADA
Join the University of Louisville Pre-Dental Society for $15/semester to gain these benefits:
- Opportunities to provide Louisville communities with free dental services by serving in the role of a dental assistant, triage specialist, or X-ray technician
- Visits to local elementary schools to teach students the importance of daily flossing, brushing their teeth twice a day, and cutting down on sugary foods and drinks through the Smile, Kentucky Program
- Course in dental radiation safety approved by the Kentucky Board of Dentistry, followed by the completion of a radiology technique training to earn a Certification in Dental Radiology
- Workshops that assist pre-dental students in refining their manual dexterity
- Service trips to rural areas with Remote Area Medical (RAM) and other members of the Pre-Dental Society
- Mentoring opportunities with ULSD to help pre-dental stuents learn more about the application process and gain insight into the routine of a dental school student
For more information on how to join, email the University of Louisville Pre-Dental Society at email@example.com!
Join the ASDA for $71/year to gain these benefits:
- Knowledge and tips that will provide guidance for taking the DAT, writing a personal statement, ADEA AADSAS, interviewing, and selecting a school.
- Crack the DAT, Memorang, and Chad's Videos discounts to help you prepare for the DAT and save money.
- Collaborative experiences at local and national events with pre-dentals, dental students, and dentists.
- National leadership positions that help improve communication and leadership skills
- Receive a FREE copy of “Getting into Dental School – American Student Dental Association’s Guide for Pre-Dental Students”, that details every dental school’s matriculate statistics and admission requirements.
- Subscription to both “The Polished Pre-Dental”, an e-newsletter designed for pre-dental students, and to the American Student Dental Association’s award-winning journals that explain issues facing dentistry and how to ace interviews.
To learn more and view the most current membership benefits, visit the ASDA website.
The KDA and ASDA are separate organizations that each have their own member benefits, although ASDA members automatically become student members of the American Dental Association. Upon becoming a dentist, you will transition out of the ASDA into your state dental association.