For Dental Students
Join the ASDA for $80/year to gain the following benefits:
- Resources to help you transition after graduation to start your career
- Education on debt management, licensure and midlevel providers
- Development of leadership and interpersonal skills which you’ll need when you begin practicing
- Interactive experiences with seasoned dental professionals and dental students at chapter, district and national ASDA events
- Access to legislators to influence and educate them about dental care, delivery modes, licensure and reimbursement policies
- Free life and disability insurance, one-year subscription to online CE and discounts on other products and services
- Free subscription to ASDA’s award-winning publications
- Student membership in the ADA
To learn more and view the most current membership benefits, visit the ASDA website.
The KDA and ASDA are separate organizations that each have their own member benefits, although ASDA members automatically become student members of the American Dental Association. Upon becoming a dentist, you will transition out of the ASDA into your state dental association.
ADA-sponsored insurance is provided at no cost to eligible ASDA and ADA student members.
ADA-sponsored student members life and disability insurance gives you fundamental financial protection while you’re in school that can continue long after graduation.
Your ADA student member benefit includes:
Life Insurance:$50,000 of coverage in the ADA-sponsored Student Members Term Life Plan. Life insurance provides debt protection for your student loans and other financial obligations — and it can serve as loan collateral when you purchase a practice.
Disability Insurance:$2,000/month of coverage in the ADA-sponsored Student Members Disability Plan plus up to $150,000 in student loan protection. Disability insurance protects the investment you're making in your dental career by providing a source of monthly income if an illness, injury, or accident prevents you from completing dental school.
Beginning in 2014, eligible ASDA and ADA student members who are not already insured will be enrolled in the no-cost ADA-sponsored Student Members Life and Disability Insurance Plans. For important additional information, including auto-enrollment details and the option to decline coverage, click here.
Act Today To Prepare For Tomorrow
Dental school is all about preparing for your future. When you have ADA-sponsored insurance as a student, you have the built-in ability to keep your insurance after school — so you’ll have ready-made financial back-up when you start repaying student loans, apply for practice financing, start a family, or pursue other dreams. As soon as you’re insured, create your login to register your insurance account online. Then, anytime you move or change your contact information, update that information in your account. If you’re already insured and haven’t yet created your login to register your account, please create a login now.
Since 1934, practicing dentists have relied on the ADA-sponsored insurance plans to protect the lives and practices they’ve built. More than 100,000 ADA member dentists, student members and family members get insurance through the ADA plans; you can join that elite group now — even before you are a licensed dentist — and benefit from that protection now and long into the future.