For Dental Students
Join the ASDA for $80/year to gain the following benefits:
- Resources to help you transition after graduation to start your career
- Education on debt management, licensure and midlevel providers
- Development of leadership and interpersonal skills which you’ll need when you begin practicing
- Interactive experiences with seasoned dental professionals and dental students at chapter, district and national ASDA events
- Access to legislators to influence and educate them about dental care, delivery modes, licensure and reimbursement policies
- Free life and disability insurance, one-year subscription to online CE and discounts on other products and services
- Free subscription to ASDA’s award-winning publications
- Student membership in the ADA
To learn more and view the most current membership benefits, visit the ASDA website.
The KDA and ASDA are separate organizations that each have their own member benefits, although ASDA members automatically become student members of the American Dental Association. Upon becoming a dentist, you will transition out of the ASDA into your state dental association.
ADA-sponsored insurance is provided at no cost to eligible ASDA and ADA student members.
Take advantage of the added financial protection you can get by requesting activation of your no-cost ADA student members disability and life insurance now. This is a valuable benefit of your ADA student membership that can have a lasting impact on your future.
For starters, it:
• Costs you nothing for all four years of dental school
• Gives you peace of mind knowing you’re covered in the event of a disabling illness or injury
• Provides you with the option to remain insured after you graduate with the ADA members insurance plans for practicing dentists
As an ADA student member, you can request activation of this coverage at no cost to you:
ADA student members disability insurance:
• $2,000 monthly disability income benefit
• Up to $150,000 student loan repayment benefit
ADA student members life insurance:
• $50,000 Term Life Insurance
• $50,000 Accidental Death coverage
Act Today To Prepare For Tomorrow
Dental school is all about preparing for your future. When you have ADA life and disability insurance as a student, you have the built-in ability to convert your insurance coverage after you graduate to the more comprehensive plans for practicing ADA members - simply maintain active ADA membership and pay your premiums. You’ll have ready-made financial back-up when you start repaying student loans, apply for practice financing, start a family, or pursue other dreams. As soon as you’re insured, create your login to register your insurance account online. Then, anytime you move or change your contact information, update that information in your account. If you’re already insured and haven’t yet created your login to register your account, please create a login now.