Being a Medicaid Provider in an Era of Accountability
Saturday, June 26, 2021
June 26, 2021 9 a.m. Eastern Time/8:00 a.m. Central Time
This course is eligible for three hours of CDE
Usual Duration: 3 hours
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Despite misconceptions and fears associated with being a Medicaid provider, treating this population can be rewarding and not cut adversely into your bottom line. Members of the ADA’s Council on Advocacy for Access and Prevention (CAAP) Medicaid Provider Advisory Committee will share insights, opportunities and challenges regarding program integrity, compliance, fraud, advocacy and how better to safeguard your practice while providing care to this growing population in an era of increasing accountability and scrutiny. Special emphasis will be given to the importance of proper documentation of medical necessity.
At the conclusion of this presentation, attendees will be able to:
· Implement efficient practice protocols to safeguard practice viability and
protect oneself from unintentional non-compliance resulting in fraud allegations
· Document medical necessity within dentistry
· Recruit other Medicaid providers through positive advocacy and role modeling
- Dr. Sidney Whitman, pediatric dentist in NJ and chair of CAAP’s Medicaid Provider Advisory Committee (MPAC)
- Dr. Allen Finkelstein, CEO Bedford Healthcare Solutions and MPAC member
- Dr. Charles Czerepak, pediatric dentist in IL and MPAC member
- Dr. Steve Geiermann, senior manager, CAAP (moderator)