Friday, October 2, 2020
9:00 a.m.-Noon EDT (Zoom Presentation)
3 Continuing Education Hours
Registration deadline is Friday, September 25, 2020
To register, please contact Janet Glover at 502-489-9121 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fees: Dentist - $90
Non-member dentist - $200
Hygienist - $70
Team Price - $135* (For KDA members, only)
(*Team Price Includes - 1 KDA member dentist, 1 hygienist and 2 additional team members. Please list names and email addresses of all participants.)
- Learn how to identify and prevent potential medical emergencies
- Learn the procedures associated with occurrence of medical emergencies
- Learn how to improve your medical histories to better know your patient's risk factors
- Understand ASA classifications and how they affect your treatment plan
- Learn how to best react should an emergency occur
- Learn how to organize your emergency drug kit for the fastest response
- Learn the right tools for a medical emergency
- Learn how the use of discipline and the modification of aviator's emergency checklists will prepare you and your team for the worst case scenarios
- Learn how everyone on your team will remember their role during a medical emergency.
- Leave the course with tools that will allow you to conduct effective emergency drills periodically in your office that will keep everyone sharp and focused.
This course is intended for general dentists, specialists, hygienists and members of the dental team.
This course is approved by the Kentucky Board of Dentistry and meets the requirements for dental hygienists for provisions stipulated in 201 KAR 8:562.
William J. Moorhead, DMD has practiced family and sedation dentistry in Flemingsburg, KY for over 30 years. Dr. Moorhead is a graduate of the University of Louisville, where he was a member of the Phi Delta Prosthetic Honor Fraternity.
Dr. Moorhead has served as President of the Kentucky Dental Association, Chair of the KDA Executive Board and President of the Blue Grass Dental Society.
Dr. Moorhead has received Fellowships from the Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation, the Pierre Fauchard Academy and the International College of Dentists. He is a member of the Crown Council, American Dental Society of Anesthesiology, Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation, American Dental Association, Kentucky Dental Association and the Blue Grass Dental Society.